Friday, January 16, 2009

Yoshi - a cat with human slaves



I really never know how a portrait will turn out, something magical happens, and even I am surprised by the end result. The animal spirit never ceases to amaze me...

Belinda had this to say about her portrait of Yoshi:

When I told Theunis which pic I picked for the portrait, he was not too happy, said the pic was not right and it did not capture Yoshs's personality. When he saw your portrait yesterday he could not believe it - I could not either - I just don't know how you do it! You have his left nostril sligthly up -like he is smelling something bad, and his right eye slightly smaller with this look that says man these human slaves of mine - what to do with them!

If you look at the pic its there, but not quite, but its there on the portrait, the colour of his eyes is also perfect! It's really beautiful, I am so happy with it, I am now more sure than ever that you will capture so much more of Voyager in his portait than will ever be in a picture.

Thank you so much!
Belinda

1 comment:

Faye said...

Hi Colleen, I love how this cat looks! He looks so grumpy, and as if he's used to getting his own way.