Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy, busy


Despite the apparent lack of activity here on my blog, I have been really busy in the studio.
I donated a couple of prizes to the launch of the super cool Neigh-Bours site and a show that was held at Glen Austin Stables.

A couple of the winners here... The chestnut is described by Adele as: one of the most amazing horses I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Her name is Maclean but we just use to call her Mac or Macaroo.

Adele's response to her portrait: I would just like to thank you for the stunning portrait. You were truly blessed with the gift of bringing your drawings to life. We love it and it feels like Mac is alive. All our non-horsey friends also agree that it is absolutely breathtaking.I would just like to thank you for the stunning portrait. You were truly blessed with the gift of bringing your drawings to life. We love it and it feels like Mac is alive. All our non-horsey friends also agree that it is absolutely breathtaking.

And a graphite of Prinz won for Cheryl...

2 comments:

Abby Creek Art said...

I love the way you did, Mac. You captured the grace and beauty of that horse. Nice work, Colleen!

ruthie said...

Colleen, thank you so much for the sweet comment on faerietale, that means alot x these pictures are so stunning, i am fascinated by the detail you do . have a wonderful weekend x ruthie