Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Take a Peke





When I first saw the photos of Barbara's Peke Pooh Bear, I gulped and took a deep breath. I do love a challenge, and I love drawing from beautiful photos –- but I'll confess that I felt intimidated by all that fur.

This was the kind of portrait that could have so gone so easily wrong. The photo was lovely -- a sweet little smiling dog face peering out of what I thought could only be described as a lion's mane...

I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in the colours (there are several in there), the texture and direction each strand of hair took. These photos don't really do the end result any justice.


It may have taken hours, but they were hours well spent. I was happy with the both portraits in the end.

They go off to join their fellow Pekes in Barbara's growing Peke gallery (below).




Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE seeing the bond between people and their cherished animals? 

Just.Love.It. 



No comments: