Friday, May 1, 2015

My CREATIVE conjuror self

Creative conjuror ~ Mixed media: Altered board book, gesso,
watercolour, graphite 

This is the first year of my life where I'm giving myself 
PERMISSION to BE an ARTIST.

Sounds odd when you consider that I've been calling myself a
Pet Portrait ARTIST for at least the last twenty years.

I'm finally ALLOWING myself to be moved by what I feel and to put it on paper. 
To create – both space in my life to BE creative – and the art which is sitting inside me, clamouring to get out.


This spread was created as part of the Art, Heart & Healing course offered by 

I've always loved mixed media; and I've yearned to create art with human and animal faces... but I haven't dared even venture there. Probably due in part, to a life drawing lecturer calling me a dilletante back in my student days, and because I'm a recovering PERFECTIONIST.

Anyway. It's been along wait, and with the help of the +willowing tutorials, I was able to move through some of those old, tired, sucky patterns and create my Creative Conjuror.

She is me.
She encapsulates my GYPSY soul
my love of PATTERN,
and MIXED MEDIA
(kiddies board book, gesso, watercolour, ink, graphite)
She shares the qualities most dear to me:
Fierce Lover of FREEDOM
Empath
Compassion
An ADVOCATE for all ANIMALS







No comments: